Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2nd day of year 2008 at work

2nd day of year 2008. Everything seems to be going well for the day. Got quite a number of surprise at work today.

Didn’t went out for lunch, packed back instead. Was rather buzy as I need to tidy up my work for afternoon meeting. Finished up lunch using 15mins. Was called in to the big boss office for a chat. Haiz…. 1st day at work for the beginning of the year I was invite into the big boss office liao. Had a short chat but result was rather satisfying. My manager was like going nuts waiting outside: What does he wants from me to his office? What was our conversation about? Aiya, both their main concern was scared that I might be overworked as I am now juggling myself in between two big projects at the same time. Their worries was true lar, this “C” lady compained her workload of being too stressful and tired, then she resigned already. So far So good, I’m still handling well not big issue going on for both.


Just came back from my 1st consultant meeting of the year. Smooth and steady, I would comment. Finalli get to meet up with the owner and other parties of consultant involved in this project on site. This time I was clever, I wore jeans and low heels shoes – this dress code have to apply on every Wednesday as I need to be on site for technical and consultant meeting. Initially the meeting does not go this way, not the way I plan or imagine to be like. I thought it would be only a discussion on the technical issue with the Architect but who knows the owners and all the parties stepped in. I was like ……….the………. no matter who step in I told myself I must remain calm. I have to leave a good impression for the owner and the other consultants. So I die die present the lighting issue and discuss with all parties involved. But deep down in my heart, I was like cursing this Paul from the Arch side. Did he planned all this? His main motive was to let me pai seh and speechless in front of everybody, that’s only my way of thinking lar. But thank to him, I manage to pass through all stupid question he bomb me with with the thankful help form Richard(landscape architect). A Mr.nice guy. Paul is a RIOM – Real Idiotic Old Man. Spend my whole afternoon though, but really an eye opening at the meeting. So not a bad day after all. Good headstart for me in work for this year.

Set goals for myself to complete. Putting in stress for myself but I believe everything can be done well if I put in my heart.


加油! 只要肯用心做, 世上是没有事情我做不到的.

No comments: