Saturday, September 26, 2009

Visit to Schwerin






Saturday.. went to another small town today… Schwerin. It is about 30 minutes train ride from my location.. Had research some information before going over… set my mind to go to the famous castle in Schwerin…
Woke up late today as I’ve set the alarm to be PM instead… So when they called me I got a shocked and jumped out of bed immediately.. Within 10 minutes I rushed down to meet my trip mates.. So paiseh.. Luckily we didn’t miss the train.
When reached Schwerin, we immediately planned out route and decided to go to the castle straight. The castle was build on an island isolated by itself and we have to cross a bridge to get into the castle museum. This week happen to be their Buga Schwerin week, which means their garden week.. so there are many activitites going on in the Castle Garden… The admission tickets cost me 18euro in total.. heartpain but still worth it lar… Upon seeing all the arch decoration, sculptures, portraits and learning their history I was totally captivated.
Schwerin had left me a deep impression. Their building style was so different from Wismar. The castle really reflect the image of a fairy tale story to me… too bad.. I’m not a dreamer…

No comments: