Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My day in ORCHARD

Stuck at office now. Been out-station whole day, sudden meeting this morning from the owner side. 11am me and boss reached the place but they were having another meeting so we were told to go dwnstair drink kopi and be back in ard 1 hr time. Damn xian… their meeting drag for 2 and half hr, so we got stuck in orchard for nothing. Me and boss could clear many things if we were in office this whole morning. I can clear my quotation as well.
To me as an outsider who had not much clue of this morning meeting find it so stupid to attend this meeting. To summaries this morning meeting, it like asking a chicken rice seller to go buy KFC and sell to them. The owner representative just cant seem to get into the pictures. No matter how the consultants who were present tried so hard to explain to her, she just can’t understand what we as the lighting consultant work of scope was. Just she alone got confused, and we were all drag into this mess. Maybe as an outsider point of view, I could see a much more clearer picture or the situation. Is she purely simple minded or is somewhere there is a vein clogged that she can’t send the simple message to her brain.

Seldom sit in a café in Orchard Rd for long, really very long time ago. To me, this situation only happen when I was schooling, sitting in a cozy café in Orchard to look for design inspiration. But today, it actually occur twice. Morning was MRT meeting then late afternoon it was façade meeting. Getting to be into situation liao, and rite now, staying back to clear all the O letter projects on hand. Having headache now, just draft out a list of work scope I had to complete before leaving for my short vacation this weekend. Now I finally understand why my “neighbor” find is so stressful and pressure to attend this large scale project. Maybe I will have her worries in the near future but it just depend on how I’m handling the situation and how I direct myself to be in. On the whole, although I have to stay back late recently to clear many projects I’m much more happier and having a much more fulfilling life now. No big worries, mood also becomes better. J

No comments: