Monday, November 2, 2009

Tired by rewarding trip to Berlin

Berlin Day 1:
Took the early train to Berlin, upon reaching Berlin we head straight to the hostel to put our luggage. Then off we went with a group of 8 people to the Museum Island. I did some research before going, so I plan to spend my whole day at the island. I chose the combi tixs which cost me 6.50euro for entering 5 different museum together. In just 6 hours I explored 5 museum and the famous Beliner DOM.
I love the Pergamon Museum best. The moment I entered their main hall.. I was like… OMG! I was strike by their collection. I felt that I had entered into another world.. EGYPT… the Pergamon Altar was really so grand and impressive. The whole place came alive to me.
But I was amazed by another artwork or rather painting at the Alte Nationalgalerie. “Die Erfindung der Malerei” painted by Eduard Daege (1805 – 1883, German) I can never imagine myself standing in front of an artwork for almost half an hour just to admire a painting. And I actually did! From the details to the paint lines… I really salute the painter. It was so detailed and every shadow and corner were so attractive to me…

Was thinking somehow, how can the people from history create such impressive or rather amazing artworks. From sculptures…. Painting…. Collections to architect building…. All were so beautifully done….

Berlin Day 2:
Went to the famous Berlin zoo… before I went I really wanted to go there… had been telling my fren that I must went to the zoo… it was so famous and was consider as one of the largest and oldest zoo in Europe. But…. I was so so so disappointed… the zoo was not that big actually. Althought I saw many animals which will never be seen in spore but still I was really disappointed. It wasn’t that impressive for me plus it was drizzling since morning so I didn’t really enjoy my morning trip to the zoo..
After the zoo… I told my fren that I wanna go wander around on my own so i parted with them. With just a map of berlin and my lousy german I really went exploring this city on my own. With my own plans and timing I managed to travel around with much pleasure…

Berlin Day 3 to 5:
PLDC started. With a 3 days full congress, I made fully used of the time I had. I attended those seminar I was interested in and I was like running from level 1 to 2 and 2 to 1 just to make sure I didn’t missed the timing for the topics. I love this round of congress. Learned and seen a lot presentation. The Vox Juventa left me a really deep impression. Both thumb up for them…
I also met several supplier which some I was rather familiar with their brands. To my surprise, there was a spore company this time round. The boss, Andy Lai had a lighting company in Kaki Bukit. He was talking to me non-stop and was rather interested that I went back to spore for my intern next year. Well… I wont consider him at all.. the work he had produced so far didn’t catches or rather have any impact on me. And my intern goal is not situated in Spore. I’ve made my own plan for my intern actually but still I just bullshit along with him. He even introduces his so called lawyer partner to me. But too bad.. I was not interested with both of them.

No comments: