Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 6 and Day 8 X’mas Delight – Bratislava in Slovakia









To my surprise I could go from one countries to another without having my passport checked or stamped. I was so … upset… Initially I thot cool. I could have a collection of all countries border stamped on my new passport. Who noes! Not even a check-point when i was crossing from Austria to Slovakia. Disappointed. Later then I came to know that all EU countires can travel freely as long as stay within the 90days grant. Haiz…. 1st disappointment.
2nd disappointment! What an old and boring capital. I stepped foot on the famous Danube river on my 1st day. Was rather disappointed. Althot nice scenary but was destroyed by the UFO. UFO as what the people called it, Nový most bridge. It was an impressive bridge but the surrounding was all old old houses or farm. Not much places to wander except for the old town. A lot of hidden sculpture for you to discover. I even spend some time to climb up the landmark, Bratislava Castle. It was one of the most prominent structures in the city. From the castle you could see the whole scenary of Danube river in Slovakia.

No comments: