Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Day 1 and 2 X'mas Delight - Klagenfurt in Austria

Woke up at 5am to catch the 1st train to Berlin for my flight. It was still snowing so i had to put on all my gear and brave thru the snow to reach Wismar Bahnhof. It took me longer time to reached there as the path was covered with thick snow.
Managed to get on the train but the train was late to departure. So i was late to catch the exchange route to Berlin Tegal airport. Thanks to my brain and my berlin train route on hand. I quickly took another route to get to the airport, this route i had to walk and change bus. But still i managed to reached the airport on time. Again, due to the heavy snow the plane had to be delayed for an hour. Gosh... i was rushing like mad on the 1st day of my vacation trip.

Finally i reached my 1st destination in the afternoon. KlAGENFURT. It was really cold there, -10 degree. I was shivering and trying to find my location of CS. The local was rather helpful. To my surprise, most of them could speak english. Whereas the youngster in germany dont like to speak english at all. Hmmm... Without much difficulties the CS place was really so close to the old town area. Just located directly behind the one and only shopping mall there.

My CS host was a doctor. She had really nice and cosy house. She was very friendly and helpful. I was given the study room. As she had to be on duty in the afternoon, i was given a set of keys of her house myself. So that i could have my own arrangement. She pointed out the town highlight and suggested to me where i should visit. I was roaming thru the old town inner court and churches. It was so beautiful and classic.



Initially my plan was to visit Burg Hochosterwitz as well. But due to heavy snow, i had to give up the idea of going. It was mention as one of the most impressive medieval castles in Austria. I can't possibly climb up the hill to reach the castle when i can't even see the stairs. It was all covered with snow and plus the cold cold weather i totally give up the idea.
Still i went to the Wothersee. It was suppose to be a very nice lake but it was all frozen. Too bad, i missed quite a few nice sight at Klagenfurt.

Last but not the least, it is a definite place to visit. "Landemuseum" There was quite a few exhibition on display. I loved the chocolate exhibition best. I even get to taste different range of chocolate and the process of how chocolate was made. Lovely and Tasty.

No comments: